Monday, February 4, 2013

You Want to Know More About the Middle East Than John Kerry? Easy!

So, you want to know more about recent events in the Middle East than John Kerry, America's new secretary of state, who once referred to Syrian mass murderer Bashar al-Assad as his "dear friend"? What could possibly be easier?

Tomorrow, over cocktails in Foggy Bottom, you can regale your friends and befuddle your enemies with the following information:

Let me know if that doesn't have them agog. No cocktails for me. It's my wedding anniversary, and I need to be reminded of what I did wrong this past year. A bit like a second day of atonement. Think of me kindly as you sip your Manhattans.

"Yes, dear. Coming, dear."




1 comment:

  1. Kerry doesn't need to know anything - he used to be handsome.

    ReplyDelete