Friday, July 16, 2010

Anti-Semitism, Still Awaiting a Response from The New York Times

TO: The Public Editor, The New York Times

Dear _______,

I still await your response concerning the grotesque anti-Semitic comment posted by the Times on July 12, 2010 in response to Ethan Bronner's article, "Israeli Military Finds Flotilla Killings Justified".

40.
rmarc
albany ny
July 12th, 2010
4:05 pm
Nothing new here. I guess I now understand why Iran wants nuclear weapons! If I lived anywhere close to fascist Israel, I would want them too. After all, if Israel can have them why not everyone else? I guess being gods chosen means never having to say I'm sorry! What claptrap. Imagine the creator choosing the most arrogant tribe on the face of the earth as his "special people"!
Recommended by 79 Readers

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/world/middleeast/13flotilla.html?sort=oldest&offset=2

I would bring to your attention that this was only one of several abusive comments posted by the Times in response to the article in question.

If it is the opinion of the Public Editor or the Publisher of the Times that this comment is neither abusive nor inflammatory, please let me know immediately.

I would appreciate the courtesy of a response, so as to enable your readership and advertisers to make an informed decision whether they wish to continue to subscribe to or do business with the Times.

Again, I would note for the sake of good order that I will be publishing this e-mail as an open letter in my blog.

Regards,
Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment